Thursday, February 18, 2010

First LUG Meeting

Hi Dolls,

So tomorrow, am atteding my very first Linux User's Group. One of my mentors( Khalid) suggested I learn as much as possible about open source software and he recommended i start with linux. He also suggested i join this group so i can meet people who are already experts in the field.

Am a little bit scared though. I dont want to come off as a ditsy blonde in the meeting.(silently thanking God for all that Linux knowledge already gained from sheer interest) I am what you call a beginner at Linux. I can install it, use most of the applications in the GUI and very few commands(I mean like 3) in the command shell.

Hope the geeks don't eat me alive. Wish me luck Dolls.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Sherry, and have fun. It has to start somewhere, right? In a couple you'll be totally ignoring the GUI and working from command line.

    You go girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...thanks a bunch wendall...I did go to that meet and i'll blog about that soon.Not good things though.

    ReplyDelete